Tonsil Boy

Hi Everyone, So many people, so many things happening in mine and my family's lives. This is to help keep everyone updated on my journey through tonsil cancer. Please excuse poor grammer and spelling. (Weasle has already corrected my grammer twice).Please pass along this site to our friends. Click on "COMMENTS" to read them or to leave a comment.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday nite 10-22-05

Hi All,
Weasle, Laura and I just got back from shopping. For what you ask? The latest in hospital wear. I needed some PJ's and comfortable clothes to stroll around the hospital in. The treatment I will be receiving is called "the Brizel Proticol" It was started by David Brizel at Duke University. I start my radiation treatments on Monday morning 10-24-05 at 9:00 am. Sometime that morning I will be admitted to GBMC for 5 days of 24/7 chemotherapy and twice a day radiation treatments. The Drs don't work on weekends so I won't any treatments on weekends. After this first week as an inpatient, I will return to GBMC as an out patient for 2 1/2 weeks of twice a day 10 to 15 minute radiation treatments. I will then have the next week #4 1/2 off to get some strength back for the next round of treatments. This week # 5 1/2 will start and end with the twice a day radiation treatments. The following week # 6 1/2 , I am admitted into the hospital for 5 days again for my next round of 24/7 chemo and twice a days of radiation. All of the above are subject to change depending on my tumors reactions to everything. The only good thing about the chemotherpy is that I will not lose my hair.. Weasle says I would not look good with a bald head.

6 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TONSIL BOY! SUPER HERO! i like it. our prayers are with you and we will follow your blog, especially those of us who practically live on the net (who shall remain nameless).
love rhonda and paul (oops).

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Randy. The Donofrio household sends best wishes for a smooth week. We look forward to hearing about your progress and perhaps seeing more pics of you relaxing at home. Love!

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy--Best wishes this week; we'll be thinking about you! We miss you at Follies and will save a spot for you in the march! Take care. Tom Kurowski

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger papanuzz said...

GREETINGS TONSIL BOY....Hope everything goes well for you this week...let me know if there is anything you need while you are in hospital...I'll try to find some old "Playboy's" I may still have up in the attic...GET WELL SOON...hope to hoist a few with you this weekend....Ken

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Randy,
One down, how many to Wellness?
Brian and I are praying for you as well as our church:
St John's Evangelical Lutheran Church of Columbia.
Keep your postive energy flowing and use your faith in God to keep you strong.
peace and prayers to you,
Kristie and Brian Baldwin

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mr randy. hope the first day and weeks to come are smooth and bearable. ill keep checking up with michael to see how youre doing meanwhile hope everything is good, or at least soon. much love from me to you.
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home