Tonsil Boy

Hi Everyone, So many people, so many things happening in mine and my family's lives. This is to help keep everyone updated on my journey through tonsil cancer. Please excuse poor grammer and spelling. (Weasle has already corrected my grammer twice).Please pass along this site to our friends. Click on "COMMENTS" to read them or to leave a comment.

Monday, October 24, 2005

First Radiation Treatment


This morning I had my first radiation treatment. In the picture, Wyn is placing a plastic “mask” over my head which is than attached to the table top. This is to hold my head in the same position for each radiation treatment. The marks on the side are used to position the lasers on the radiation machine.

The chemotherapy began this morning, 10-24-05, after my admission to the hospital. This will continue 24/7 till Saturday morning when released for the weekend. So far I feel good.

The biggest problem is that I can’t get on the internet to update this blog. I am in room 3436 with a phone # 443-849-8554

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Randy, I'm thinking of you. Nice to have day one behind you. I never really heard how the gastric tube placement went. Mom says you were uncomfortalbe at the ring ceremony. Is that a little better?
I chatted with the Weas for a minute today but didn't get much out of her. She sounded a little tired. Sending you a big fat hug over the internet today and via Carli this weekend. Lots of love, sheila

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy:

Glad to see your doing ok the first day. Whats the best time for a visit to room 3436 "Hey that sounds like 'Welcome Back Kotter's Room'"?

Did you see that Ravens game on Sunday, I guess the payoffs are out of the question.

I see you soon.

Lots of love and wellness,
Joe

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger papanuzz said...

Hey R.G...glad to know you made it thru the first day OK...if you're up for visits, let us know...can bring my camera, if you you wanna have some digi-pics...also can make some posts for you if you want..anything to make your days a li'l brighter...Ken / Suzy

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! When are these hospitals going to get wireless internet! They need to get with the times. Let me know if you want someone to bring you in a laptop. You can type it and one of the girls can post it.

Deb D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home