Tonsil Boy

Hi Everyone, So many people, so many things happening in mine and my family's lives. This is to help keep everyone updated on my journey through tonsil cancer. Please excuse poor grammer and spelling. (Weasle has already corrected my grammer twice).Please pass along this site to our friends. Click on "COMMENTS" to read them or to leave a comment.

Friday, December 02, 2005

YEAH 6 Weeks down

Finally I see some light at the end of the tunnel! Today was may last Friday of radiation, YIPPEE!!! Next Thursday will be my last day of radiation. On Monday, Dec 5th, I will be admitted into the hospital for another round of 24/7 chemotherapy. I do not look forward to this at all. I have told the doctors I want to be heavily sedated the entire time so that I don't remember the week.
I was taken off the experimental drug, Ethyol, on Tuesday. Ethyol was to try and keep may salivary glands working or partially working when this proticol is complete. I was taken off the Ethyol for several reasons: 1) I was getting fevers at night which are very dangerous to me with my immune system down low; 2) It was making the nausea almost uncontrollable.

The nausea is now controlled with several drugs , so I am now holding my liquids down.

ONE MORE WEEK AND THE HEALING BEGINS!!!!!!

Thanks for all your support, prayers, and comments. I love them all !

10 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy,
You have amazing stength and have weathered this "torture" with grace and a smile (most of the time.) I hope the doctors honor your wish and let you sleep through next week. Then you can wake up knowing it's the first day of the rest of your life...
Love always, Kim

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger papanuzz said...

I'm so happy to hear this good news that I feel a limerick comin' on...you may have noticed that I've had limerick constipation lately...I'm hopin' this great news will MOVE me...Ken

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TB,
I could not be happier for you...We are all counting the days with you and I echo Kim's sentiments.
If you sleep through the week whole will entertain the staff...then again who cares.
God speed in your recovery.
I can hear those canons roar....and Papanuzz moving!

Thinking of you. Love, Joan

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy,
I pray for you daily. I look forward to hearing about you being done with your treatment. My best to Weasle & the kids as they continue to support you during your treatment.

Love,
J.P.

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy,

I hope that all of the heartfelt messages that everyone is sending you lift up your spirits, and also those of Weasle's and the children as you enter the home stretch of your treatment. We hope the week goes by quickly for you, and we're thinking of you daily. Hang in there, Randy.

LG & Susan

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...don't you mean hold your 'liquor' down?

The home stretch...must feel good.

Alan

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy - you are almost there! Great job so far and thanks for keeping us posted on how you're doing. Also, don't be surprised when someone throws a trashcan lid down the halls of the hospital when you're sleeping this week!

We're thinking of you, Randy
The Bitters

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are sorry to hear about what you have been going through but we are happy to see you are doing well. We just found out last week and were in total shock. You have and will continue to be in our prayers

The Kuhns

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonsil Boy,
Tomorrow's your last day...probably feels like the end of a long prison sentence (fortunately for you I don't think you ever dropped the soap in the prison shower)and in many respects it was. No one will be happier to see it end than you and your family. As a member of your extended "family" we only hope our thoughts, writings and prayers have contributed in some small way to making the time pass quickly. We admire and love the way you've handled this with grace and somehow managed to keep your unique sense of humor. Tomorrow the fat lady sings. Let the recovery begin.

All our love,
Hunt Valley Jacksons

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy,
Hell can't be half as bad as what you've gone through. Your extended family in Buffalo is thinking of you and saying our prayers to help ease your suffering. Hopefully this will all be a distant memory soon and '06 will dawn bright and full of promise. Hang in there!

Best regards,
Bill Collins
Buffalo, New York

 

Post a Comment

<< Home