Tonsil Boy

Hi Everyone, So many people, so many things happening in mine and my family's lives. This is to help keep everyone updated on my journey through tonsil cancer. Please excuse poor grammer and spelling. (Weasle has already corrected my grammer twice).Please pass along this site to our friends. Click on "COMMENTS" to read them or to leave a comment.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

I am sure that 2006 will be much better than 2005. As each week goes by I feel a little stronger. I know that I feel better this week than last. My radiation burns on the outside of my neck have healed. I just have a weird looking suntan. I do a lot of sleeping, tube feedings, hocking and feeding the wood burning stove. What a thrilling day. I am up for about an hour at a time than its nap time again.

What I miss the most is chugging an icy cold bottle of water.

I would like to wish everyone a very happy and healthy new year!!!

Thanks to everyones support, it is making this blip in my life to be a little more manageable.
My love to ALL.
Randy

6 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you New Years Day at Ken's but glad to hear you are getting better each day....soon this will be all behind you...yours friends in Del.
The Healy's

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy - sounds like things are definitely improving for you. Was that a typo....chugging the bottle of "water"???

Take care, TB and enjoy those naps while you can before Weasle has you back doing those Honey Do lists.

Chris

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Randy , We missed being with you this Christmas. Can't believe you all hosted at your home anyway. They told me it would have been impossible to do if it hadn't been for some really anal guy who had lists on lists and notes revising his notes year after successful year. Who would be that organized? Bibber? You the man and we love you. sheila

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Randy - Happy New Year! Glad to hear that you are getting stronger by the day. I check your blog every few days and love when you have updates. Spring and boating season are around the corner and we have got to get you two out on the boat. Hopefully I won't have to cut your hair again this year!
Love,
Carol and Micheal

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Randy,
We got your Christmas card and thought something was a little different...I mean with the I.V. tubes in front of the tree. Wow, I must catch on ...fast.
Anyway, you and your family have been in my prayers. But then, I include your family in my prayers more than you know over the years. I miss the kids sometimes but I still keep up once in a while thru the grapevine. Courtney Crane used to play soccer with Ellen... etc.
I am still very involved with children. You might have noticed a couple new additions on our Christmas card. We got Ashley in Nov 2002 about a month after Her parents away. August 2004 we were surprised with a call of a child in need of a resourse family, temporarily. By now we are trying to adopt her. But it takes a really looong time. Justin at Towson, Aaron at Johns Hopkins, and Ryan at Eastern Tech. All at home right now. It's a full house!! I hope the New Year brings in a swift recovery! Tell Weasle and the crew we say Hello.
Judy and Mark

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Randy:

Happy New Year! Bring on 2006 - we are so glad to hear that you are on your way to recovery!

Hope you enjoyed the plaque. Cannot wait to see you but the pictures keep me somewhat satisfied until we get to see you "for real". Keep the faith and know that we are only a phone call away - give our love to Weas and the kids.

Love,
Bernie, Patti & gang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home