Tonsil Boy

Hi Everyone, So many people, so many things happening in mine and my family's lives. This is to help keep everyone updated on my journey through tonsil cancer. Please excuse poor grammer and spelling. (Weasle has already corrected my grammer twice).Please pass along this site to our friends. Click on "COMMENTS" to read them or to leave a comment.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ellen's Poem

The results came back and were nothing but bad,
The news was echoed to loved ones who were nothing but sad.

Mom made phone calls to everyone she knew,
She wanted only what was best for you.

You decided on a doctor with a crazy protocol,
He promised the best and not one flaw.

When the treatment began it seemed like a living hell,
But that was only a fabrication for which we all fell.

Sure you lost strength and couldn’t eat,
Ensure became an addiction and you missed cheese and meat.

You most definitely felt down in the pit,
All you could do was puke and spit.

Nothing seemed to be going your way,
Mr. Smith only became a man we despised more each day.

But as I look back on it all,
I realize you kept up and didn’t let yourself fall.

You became a hero to me in so many ways,
I think about you and your strength on so many days.

This poem cannot do justice for how much of an impact you made on me,
You’re a source of inspiration I want everyone to see.

You kept your eye on the end and held your head high,
You kept up your good spirits and I barely ever heard you sigh.

You never gave up or wanted to settle for less,
That is why you’re my hero and story of success.

You made a blog to keep in contact and share your story,
Everyone loved hearing about your tiny steps towards glory.

Your friends arose and proved to be better than ever,
They’d never let you down…nope NEVER.

Our family relationship grew as a whole,
All to your expense and toll.

You were the talk of the people and big man in town,
How quickly your story spread around.

You lost a ton of weight and look sexier than before,
It’s all the reason for people to love you more.

Thank god you kicked the Atkins diet,
Boy that was nothing but a riot.

Before we knew it you scheduled the final PET scan,
A couple days later you were a cancer free man.

Danimal spoons will soon be a thing of the past,
One more sip will be your last.

The name tonsil boy will never fit you,
You’re now the man who never lets himself get blue.

I mean it when I call you a hero and “weener”,
Without cancer you are definitely cleaner.

Daddy you mean so much to me,
You are a real trooper that I want everyone to see.

Way to go dad,
You demolished the cancer and I’m so glad.

Keep your head up and persevere,
I promise it’ll only get better from here.

Congratulations superstar,
You’ve made it so far.

Happy birthday cancer-free boy,
I hope your day is filled with happiness and joy!

From here I wish you well,
Love always, your daughter, El.

5 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that was a BEAUTIFUL poem written by a wonderful young lady. I have tears in my eyes right now. Randy, the impact you have had on people is amazing and it's so nice to see your daughter show her feelings in such a special way.

Becky

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen,

amen.

beat it

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could say i helped her write it...

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK! I'm crying----Who's Crying?
If you're not---- You're lying!

Man o man, that Ellen
She is for sure gellin

And Randy, you are the bestest
The bestest of all the restest.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad had tonsil cancer this past year and this poem brought tears to my eyes...
it is beautiful and with each line I felt as though someone else felt the same way I did..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home