Tonsil Boy

Hi Everyone, So many people, so many things happening in mine and my family's lives. This is to help keep everyone updated on my journey through tonsil cancer. Please excuse poor grammer and spelling. (Weasle has already corrected my grammer twice).Please pass along this site to our friends. Click on "COMMENTS" to read them or to leave a comment.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

14 plus inches of snow


Hi Everyone!
I guess most people reading this got hit with all this snow. It looks beautiful!! I did work the snow blower for about an hour to clear the driveway. It super pooped me out.

The picture is a group of us at Nana’s wake last week. We are doing a toast to Nana. That is a double shot of cosmopolitan I am putting down my feeding tube. Nana would have enjoyed it. My first alcohol since Andy’s wedding in October.

I feel better this week than last and a whole lot better than a month ago. I seem to be getting some stamina and strength back. I don’t nap as long during the day. All my food is still through my feeding tube. During the past few weeks, I had stopped trying to eat the baby food. This was due to the burning in my mouth and throat. I am thinking about trying again soon. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for you support, comments and prayers.

Randy

5 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez, if i knew you were able to use the snow blower, i should have had you do mine as well. i chose to do it the old fashioned way...get the kids to do it (yea, that lasted about 30min).

Lookin' good. Glad you are feeling better.

Alan

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Randy,

Nana would have had one of those Irish coffees and would have been right there toasting with you...
I have great memories of her.

I'm so excited for you that you had the desire and energy to clear your driveway. You must have enjoyed how beautiful the snow looked with the sun shining on the landscape obliterated by it. Your illness certainly gives one a different perspective on something as mundane a snow blowing.

Keep getting better, a celebratory party is sounding really great!

Love, Kim

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T Boy,
I think its an absolutely fantastic sign for you that you had enough energy, albeit limited, to go outside and use the "blower".
All I can say is Bravo and take it one step at a time my friend. Little by little, step by miniscule freakin' step it'll come back (it did for me, even though I didn't go through 1/10th what you've been through). Then that success breeds more success, gets those good chemicals percolating into your brain and you turn around and poof....you're sayin' you couldn't have imagined you'd be doing X(not the drug..a fill in the blank activity) 3 weeks ago and there you are doin' it. It comes....but never at the speed in which we wish it to come. Pencil me in for the celebration party..I'll show you my scars, they're pretty bitchin'.

loveya and still praying for you,
H Valley Jackson

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy,
You look great and it was good to see you at Nana's funeral. You've come a long way; almost there ....

Steve

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy - we got 18 inches of snow last week - I was waiting for you to show up with your machine to do our driveway! It was good to see you and Weasle and all of your family a few weeks ago. Thinking of you all.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home