Tonsil Boy

Hi Everyone, So many people, so many things happening in mine and my family's lives. This is to help keep everyone updated on my journey through tonsil cancer. Please excuse poor grammer and spelling. (Weasle has already corrected my grammer twice).Please pass along this site to our friends. Click on "COMMENTS" to read them or to leave a comment.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

For the past few days I have been able to swallow half baby size spoonfuls of pudding and yogurt (1/4 to1/2 teaspoons). After each I take a mini spoonful of water to rinse it down. My swallowing function is slowly coming back by doing these mini size swallows 4 at a time, 4 times a day. If I take too large or too fast of spoonfuls, I choke. I did have 2 weenie size sips of beer this weekend. It tasted wonderful!! I am looking forward to the PET/CT scan on March 20th and the results on the 22nd.

Today, Wednesday, I saw the speech therapist. She was very impressed at my swallowing and the things I am trying. She had me swallow for her - vanilla shake, choc shake and applesauce. I did them all with flying colors. When I swished the applesauce in my mouth it started to burn. Barbara, the speech therapist, is still apologizing for making me puke. She says most people just gag and don't vomit. I was her first and you never forget your first!

5 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger papanuzz said...

Hey Hey....I remember my First...it was a hot summer nite back in the summer of '67...I had just finished buffing my gold '63 Mercury with the power everything and leather apolstery...oh yeah...forgot...this site is about you...great news RGF...keep up the good work

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i recall my first spitting and gagging on baby food...it was the winter of 1963...it was bitter cold and dad broke the ice scraper cleaning the car windows (man, can he cuss). pureed brussel sprouts...what the %#@*&!

It is good to hear you are progressing.

Alan

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Papnuzz,

What was his name?

Oh, by the way Randy, that is great news!!

J.P.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should give you a new name,
Perhaps Pudding Boy will be your new fame,
You should try tapioca
Hope it don't choke ya,
I'm praying you'll soon be back on your game!

Susan

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, what the hell - i don't often share stories of when i, uh, gagged but my most memorable was in a snow covered sticker bush somewhere near cleveland. i can't remember if i blamed Randy or KCs wrestling coach... in fact, i can't remember too much after that...


ah, youth.

beat it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home